Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Nesting Post

We have made it to the fifteen day mark. FIFTEEN DAYS. Wow. I've finally been bitten by the nesting bug. I was kinda worried that it hadn't really happened yet. I think it's baby #2 syndrome. With Aiden, we were buying stuff, washing stuff, and setting up stuff left and right. With this one, we've just sort of coasted along. I am sure we feel more comfortable this time around. Well, that...and the fact that we have an almost 3 year old to keep us occupied.

We have all of the gear set up, bottles and clothes washed and ready, and arrangements made for Aiden when the big day comes. But? That's it. We I still have the nursery (Anna Scott's side of the room) to finish, the hospital bag to pack, Aiden's bag to pack, a house to clean (hopefully our housekeeper can come next week), and -MY FAVORITE- a shower to go to today!

For the nursery, I already have her bedding basics. My mom helped me pick out and purchase the cutest stuff at PB Kids last weekend! She also got lots of accent things that I will get this afternoon at my shower. I can't wait to put it all together. We went sans bumper this time around. Even though they are so stinkin' cute, my pediatrician freaked me out with Aiden.  His didn't last. I took that sucker out as soon as we got home from our first appointment. But I love what we have put together. It's girly without being frilly-froofy, which icks me out. 
crib skirt with pink trim
sheeting
quilt - We have it on the reverse side (a solid soft pink) for now.
obligatory sweet plush animal
I noticed that her corner of the room seemed bare. We have letters being made for above the crib, but I thought it still needed more PINK. I've seen the tissue poms and have always thought they were cute, but it never occurred to me to do them for her. And thanks to pinterest and Becky at From Mrs. to Mama I know how to do it! So that's my project for the week. We also need to go to Babies R Us (my favorite place right now) to pick up the changing pad cover and some sort of basket/caddy thing for the changing table.
Lots to do, lots to do. But first, off to the shower (which is at Jim 'N Nicks bbq-I know; you wish your friends were that cool) I am sooooo excited! I can't wait to post the finished product(s). Nursery and human. 

3 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

Tissues poms are AWESOME! We love ours still just as much as we did the first day we hung them up. And it's super easy!! Hope yours turn out great, i'm sure they will :)

Mrs. Mama said...

Tissues poms are AWESOME! We love ours still just as much as we did the first day we hung them up. And it's super easy!! Hope yours turn out great, i'm sure they will :)

Unknown said...

Hope you're doing well! Hope your shower was wonderful!!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...