Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Silver Lining

Wow. What an interesting day I have had today: wake up to a tornado warning, get ready (with hopes of canceled school), go to school anyway, try to get gas-power's out, make it to school on fumes, teach seven kids, hold two kids for 3 hours while they wait for their buses. While it is quite simple to begin my rant and talk about all the things that could have been better, I am going to look for the silver lining of my "hectic" morning. I'll leave the complaining to the parents on the DNJ's webpage.

Lately, I have been trying to find Jesus in whatever moments I can throughout my day-to-day activities. It is a constant struggle, especially when I come face to face with the WORLD all day long. I find it easier and much more effective to write things down on my calendar or to come here to blog about it. I like to write. So here it is, today's silver lining:

1. I got to see, talk to, and cuddle with Aiden and Jamie this morning before work. Usually they're both sound asleep when I leave. What a wonderful start to a day!
2. Having only seven kids in my class, I was able to make the lesson more intimate and it allowed for more open discussion. Something that is very hard to do with a group of 24.
3. I was able to sit and play the movie/actor game with my mini-school team while all of our 8 bus riders were on computers or playing board games. Social time with adults never goes unappreciated in our line of work.
4. I came home to find that Jamie and Aiden had stayed home due to the weather. I got to cuddle Aiden (sweetly sleeping) and put him to bed to finish his nap.
4. I got to eat pizza. Straight out of the box. On my lap. In front of the TV.
5. I am now in the bed with the macbook and some more E! specials about the royal wedding which are feeding my new obsession (but that's my next blog).

So, thank you God, for showing me the great things that today brought me. Please help me to find You in  my days to come and to not complain about the details in the story that You have written.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog today and I've really enjoyed reading your posts!! Especially this one - it's something I've been working on, too. It can definitely be extremely difficult at times, but He is always there, even if we don't take the time to notice him! :o)

www.dixie-creek-farm.blogspot.com/

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...