Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The A Team

It's not a secret that I would LOVE to be able to stay home with my little man everyday. I hate that I miss out on hours of his comments and accomplishments, but I have to say...If I were going to spend my days with anyone other than my family, it would be with this group of beautiful people. This year, I have been blessed to work with each one of these amazingly talented educators, and we have formed a bond that is an awful lot like family! It sounds so freakin' cheesy. I know. But it's the truth. Promise. I have been meaning to do a blog about them, and since we had a get together last night, I thought this was the perfect time. *Names have been changed to protect the innocent. As for the pics, I know. The hubby was a little snap-happy. And we were clearly not ready.



 After a whole year of deadlines, paperwork, discipline, assemblies, schedule changes, and more laughs than we could handle, we celebrated the beginning of summer at DeWindow's house. She is a first year teacher, but you'd never know it. She is unbelievable classy and the quietest of the five. She likes to observe, I've noticed. But when she chimes in, it means something. Or it's really, really funny. Anyways...DeWindow and her hubby had the team over for great food. For that, I am eternally grateful. Thanks, y'all.
The DeWindows. He always smiles this way (even in his driver's license).  Awesomeness.
We had another newbie this year, Waffle. Waffle is like no other girl human you will ever meet. I LOVE HER. She, like DeWindow, never acted like a "first year teacher". They always had their stuff together. Incredible. So other than being super impressive, this chick will make you laugh 'til your cheeks {the ones on your face} hurt. She has a pure heart and pretty much the best sense of humor ever. I mean, she should seriously have her own show. Seriously.
Waffle and hairstyle number three. Rock those chopsticks, girl.
Then there's Sully. He is the only "he" we have. Bless his heart. We all think he hung the moon, and so do the kids. At first, it's easy to be insanely envious of his charm with students, but that soon fades away and turns into major appreciation. He is the guy that would do anything for you. And it doesn't hurt that he can quote and joke with the best of us. His wife and I were preggers together, so we are the ones that brag about our babies at lunch. I like that I'm not the only one.
Sully and wifey
And finally, our matriarch, Klara. Imagine your grandmother. You know, the one who won't let you say "fart" and thinks that everyone is good and wears a halo? Okay, now put that grandmother inside of a playboy bunny's body. That's Klara. She would do anything for anybody and reminds me a lot of Gloria from Modern Family. She is over-the-top generous and has absolutely no idea how hot she is. She has come a long way this year...now she can make "That's what she said" jokes, prank us, and knows some rap songs that we don't even know. She is my partner in planning. I can't say enough about how much I have learned from this woman. What an awesome role model. She has the household, the husband, the job, and the kids. And she works it! I really look up to her because of that.
Klara and her husband {who is not Peyton Manning}
So that's our team. I love them. I'd do anything for them. And I can't wait work with them again! I'll leave you with some more fun pics from the evening.

Sully with Klara's hair

Waffle and DeWindow {not sure how to pose while not posing}
not Peyton
This is Kevin. That's his real name.
Their super cool basement/man cave
Weird Indian Guy who they found buried in their yard. He watches over the house. 
You can't take me anywhere.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It's such a blessing to work with people you love! I have a great crowd, too! Makes work so much more enjoyable :-)

Anonymous said...

This was such a great post!!! You've got some great friends! I've LOVED my jobs where I really connected with the other employees. Totally makes going to work FUN!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...