Friday, March 25, 2011

Operation: Potty Train - Day Two

We started the morning like yesterday, celebrated being a BIG BOY and not having to wear a diaper, successfully used the potty before and after breakfast, then periodically throughout the morning. BUT THEN, Ga-Ga came over for a visit. I do believe this threw a kink in things. Not only did it get him out of our established routine, but Ga-Ga gave him no-telling-how-many bite size candy bars. Not good. So let's just say "it" didn't hit the FAN, but it hit the floor. Three times within ten minutes. After Ga-Ga left, of course. Poor little guy. He told me, "belly hurt". So I bit my tongue when I wanted to yell, "NOOO!" Luckily, I'm used to cleaning up after Bogey which didn't freak me out too much, but still not the most pleasant experience. 

The rest of the day (from 11:00 on) went great! No accidents, numerous hits, and lots of celebration and snack rewards (NOT candy). This was something I didn't do as well yesterday. After the "incident", I became discouraged and hit the message boards. The only thing I feel that I did wrong was not going over the top with celebrating hits. I did this all day today! I even let him overhear me bragging to Bogey, "Bogey, guess what Aiden did?! He pee-peed in the potty like a big boy!" This worked like a charm! After that, everytime he used the potty, he'd scream, "BOOOOOOGEY!" That plus the snack rewards kept him coming back for more. He only told me he had to go once, though. This is my fault because I kept telling him to go (I was a little paranoid).

We finally got to go outside and play. He loved it, even though it was significantly colder. He loved having pants on without the diaper like a big boy. I wish it would get warmer for playtime tomorrow, but I'm sure he will enjoy it no matter what. I'd love to make a trip to Kroger to try the Mega Sale again. Not sure if I'm that brave...





I feel excited for tomorrow. I'm going to continue celebrating, snacks, and bragging to Bogey. We won't have any chocolate binges. And I will let go of my control and allow him to tell me he has to potty. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like he is doing great! That's awesome!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...