Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Smells of Spring

I have this weird affinity toward smells and associating them with different memories, events, and periods in my life. I have always done this, it's more than weird, I know, but I kind of love it. I thought it would be fun to post my favorite smells of Spring. Here goes...sniff-sniff

When I smell Gain Joyful expressions, I am automatically thrown to the Spring of 2009 when I was pregnant with Aiden. Those were great days--shopping for maternity clothes, nesting, and going to showers. Sometimes, I will just smell the cap before dumping it to relive the sweet memories.
Speaking of sweet memories, the sweetest of the sweet was my first week with Aiden. I can still remember my very first shower in the hospital...BLISS. And this was the shampoo I used, Redken Blonde Glam. It smells like grapefruit, so refreshing! And after continuous sleepless nights, those showers were always exactly what I needed. Before this, I was what you would consider a commitment-phobe when it came to shampoos. I always had to try a new one! But now I am proud to say that we have been in a beautiful relationship for almost two years! I also am a sucker for Milkshake Whipped Cream. It smells so good, you want to eat it! Not saying I have or anything...


When Aiden was not even one month old, we moved in with my Dad while our house deal went through (the owner was bankrupt). Most would be a little more than bummed that they couldn't be in their own home with a new baby, but our stay there was awesome! One smell that reminds me our time there is the coconut lime lotion at ULTA. Rhonda got it for me and I have been hooked ever since! 
Finally I want to mention a new favorite scent. Knowing me, in the future, it will be associated with this year in some way. All I know now is that I freaking love it! I can say that I am officially addicted to Bath And Body Works' candles. Getting the 2/$20 advertisement in my inbox makes my day! I am currently burning and adoring Pomegranate Lemonade and Caribbean Salsa. Yum.
Fun stuff...I just hope I can savor Spring and not wish it away for summer break like usual.

No comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...